Wednesday 19 February 2014

From Sherwood to Westeros

I happened to see a copy of the Sun today, not a newspaper I normally read, and there was a story in it about an actor who was giving evidence in court against the man who had bitten part of his ear off. The actor's name was Clive Mantle, and that rang a faint bell with me.
So I looked him up and found, to my delight, that he had been Little John in Robin of Sherwood in the 1980s. In fact, he was recorded as saying it was one of the most enjoyable acting experiences of his career.
He's done a great variety of things since then, on film, TV and stage, most notably a surgeon in Casualty and Holby City - but I very rarely watch anything like that, so I hadn't noticed him.
Now he's back in something I am following, though - he's Lord Greatjon Umber, one of the Stark bannermen, in Game of Thrones!

No comments:

Post a Comment