Friday 11 January 2013

Thunderbirds Are Go

This comes under the general heading of "Things that make me happy".
I grew up watching just about everything that Gerry Anderson produced - it didn't bother me then that just about the only women around were Venus and Lady Penelope; it was all about the hardware and, as Neil Gaiman said just before he performed the Fireball XL5 Theme song on stage with Amanda Palmer, the space scooters!
When I lived in Norwich, I once went to the local theatre to see a show where mime artists pretended to be Thunderbirds puppets (and Captain Scarlet). They wore the uniforms, and there was a sort of plot to follow - but the best thing was the Thunderbird models they wore as hats, and the best thing about the models was the sequence where Thunderbird 2 took off. Complete with palm trees.
And here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment