Thursday 3 January 2013

Holidays in Mordor

I've been re-watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy, in preparation for going to see the Hobbit at the weekend. At the same time, I've been following a discussion about The Hobbit on Ship of Fools forum - and there is one exchange that is too good not to share!
The discussion had turned to people who had learned Elvish script or Dwarven runes in their youth, sometimes to write secret graffiti, or to fill school rough books with bad poetry....

"Writing in Tolkein runes? I remember it well. Unfortunately I also remember a GCSE French project in which we were asked to make up identities and write about where went on holiday etc...
"Je m'appelle Frodo, Je suis un hobbit".
Oh my.(embarrassed smiley)"

Followed by....

"During my holiday I visited Mordor with a good friend and we went mountain climbing. We were followed by this really creepy guy who kept talking to himself! The spiders are really huge in Mordor and the food isn't very good. We had to bring our own. I lost my ring somewhere on the mountain but by that time I was feeling a bit unwell and all I wanted was just to get home..."

No comments:

Post a Comment