Friday 16 January 2015

Filling in the Gaps of the Lymond Chronicles

The Ringed Castle (The Lymond Chronicles, #5)The Ringed Castle by Dorothy Dunnett

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Damn - no more Lymond for a while, now I've finished this.
I read this book out of sequence, because I've been picking them up second hand here and there, so now I think I'll have to go back to the beginning and get the story properly in order.
I never do this. Almost never. There are so many good books out there that I very rarely go back and re-read, especially a series of books as thick as this. But Lymond, and Dorothy Dunnett's other hero Claus, are something special, and the writing is something to be savoured, with all that well-researched history and exciting action sequences (here, the reindeer sleigh race with added hunting eagle) - and the characters, complex, fascinating characters.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment