Sunday 4 August 2013

Making Your Own


There are some rather wonderful Captain Marvel tshirts at Kelly Sue DeConnick's page on WeLoveFine.com - but the UPS postage to the UK is $44, and since the shop where I work can get a book to the US for around £7.00, I thought that was excessive (and the tshirts are only $25 - I don't want to pay more for the postage than the tshirt).

So I started to think about it, and considered long sleeved tshirts in red and blue. When I was putting my washing away, I realised I had long sleeved tshirts in red and blue, and my big scissors were just there....
....and I spent the rest of the afternoon fixing the shoulders of the red tshirt onto the blue tshirt, and then cutting up a cheap pashmina to make the stripe and the star.
Okay, the star is a bit wobbly, but on the whole, I'm very pleased with the result, and now I'm all ready to "be the star I was always meant to be"!

No comments:

Post a Comment