Saturday 22 August 2020

Paper Art

 I'm very pleased with myself.  I haven't really tried anything like this before, but at the moment I have time to experiment.  I saw a picture of a stag made up of lots of little pieces of scrap paper, in an old copy of Big Issue, and I thought I could do something like that.  Then I combined that idea with the style of an old picture book of the life of St. Patrick that I'd admired when I worked at the Children's Bookshop, and I came up with this:




Paper Art: Crowley in black with black wings on a red swirly background, and Aziraphale in cream with newsprint wings, holding a green book, on a background that looks like planking.

I did Aziraphale first, and got a bit more ambitious with Crowley.

I'm thinking of doing Inspector LeBrock and Billie from the Grandville novels by Bryan Talbot next.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment