Tuesday 31 March 2020

Writing in a Time of Enforced Idleness

I'm sitting at home twiddling my thumbs. I have entertainment of various kinds - I listened to a podcast episode of Breaking the Glass Slipper yesterday, and I'm in the middle of Francis Pryor's fascinating book about the excavations at Flag Fen - but I also want to be doing something creative with my time.
So I read the Mah Jongg oracle cards the other day, and they told me I should be doing more writing.
It occurred to me that I'd intended to write a sequel to the very first story I'd put up on Smashwords, way back in 2012, but then I moved on to other stories instead. Since I made the story (Raven's Heirs) free, more than 700 people have downloaded it, which is very gratifying.
I can't find the notes I made for the sequel now, but I have a rough idea of what I was planning, and today I sat down and immersed myself in that world again.
I'm feeling quite enthusiastic about getting back to work on it - and it'll keep me out of mischief for the duration.

No comments:

Post a Comment