Thursday 3 January 2019

A Room Full of Stars

I'm feeling rather pleased with myself. I've just spent the evening building my own Constellation Projector, including wiring a switch for the first time in my life.
It looks something like this one, from the Science Museum - mine was made for The Works:


When I switched it on for the first time, and turned out the main light, all that time fiddling with tiny screws and double-sided sticky tape was totally worthwhile! I was standing in the middle of a cloud of stars, and it was magical!
Something like this:


I'm heading for bed now with a mug of cocoa, so I can play with the settings - it's supposed to be able to show which constellations are overhead for any month of the year, and by the hour.
My own personal galaxy!


No comments:

Post a Comment